For those who have been asking what are my limits in my shopping ban, see here in this post, I have put together a list.
- NO clothing shopping for personal reasons except necessary items i.e.: socks, under garments, and pantyhose. ( I have way to much clothing, there is stuff in my closet that has tags on it since last November)
- NO shoe shopping, except boots for work. (I have 77 pairs of shoes, I think I can live with them until December)
- NO jewelry shopping. (Again I have enough plus I can make some with the supplies I have.
- NO purse or wallet shopping. (I have all that I need, well except I need a small black chain bag of some sort similar to a Mini MAC bag)
- NO accessory shopping i.e.: scarfs, hats, sunglasses, hair fascinators, pins, suspenders, belts, or gloves.
- NO craft supply buying i.e. : jewelry (refer to #6), knitting, painting, crocheting, scrapbooking, sewing etc..
- NO eating out excessively. I must bring in my lunch for work and eat at home at night and on the weekends as much as I can unless I am treated. (but David that doesn't mean for you to invite me over for dinner every night)
- NO movies, except for....I have one ticket to see the Avengers and one to see Breaking Dawn part 2. This also includes buying movies.
- NO extracurricular activities i.e.: concerts, date nights (easiest), bars (easy), amusement parks, baseball games (I already paid for 3 games this year), gambling (Atlantic city this will never happen anyway), and traveling.
- NO manicures...I can do them myself.
- NO buying nail-polish.
- NO buying electronic gadgets, (if my iPhone dies and I need a new one that is a different story.) but no iPods, kindles, iPads, computers, gaming devices etc.
- Makeup...only the kind I need. Makeup has a shelf life and so does my face.
- Beauty and bath needs i.e.: shampoos, lotions, sunscreen, toothpaste, nail polish remover and emery boards, girlie needs etc.
- Museums...(I have a ticket to the Sex museum) and they are learning experiences.
- Gas for my car. Duh!
- Actual food shopping.
- Treats like ice cream ( I can't really eat it), Wafels and Dinges, Starbucks ....these are all things I do maybe twice a month.
- The beach...Jones beach to park is $12. I need color.
- Hair cuts and Highlights... I hate having split ends and I tried the Ombre look.
- Pedicures and eyebrow waxes....I can't do them myself.
- Laundry and laundry products.
- Life essentials...medicine, doctor visits, water.
- Metrocards...I have the EasyPay Express so that gets refilled automatically, and no I am not giving up the $5 Express bus.
- Cards for Mother's Day, Birthdays, Father's Day, Get Well, Congrats, Happy Graduation, Wedding etc...I will be giving small gifts of some sort.
- Books and magazines.
Ok, I think I listed everything. If you can think of anything No or Yes let me know. I know I am sure by June or July I will break but I have support from so many of you: Amy, Chris, Tessa, Kimberly, Kate, David, Natalie, Nicole, Stephanie, Lindsey, Jen, Preity, CC, Kaitlyn...and all those who I have spoken to via in person, tweets, FB, the Bloggers Collective or my blog thanks.
I think with these limits I can put away what I need for December without having to break into my savings. Also I think this will be a learning experience to get off being so materialistic and work with what I have.
***side note: I love how I have gotten to put a 50 Shades of Gray pun in a few of my titles lately. Have you read it? I just finished it at the prompting of a few friends, couldn't put it down. I will tell you that I read it when it was originally an underground fanfiction named Master of the Universe and I think that the new version is pretty tame. If you haven't read it, don't be shy and read it. ***